Boys basketball domination

Photo by Grace Ventura

Sam Higgins, Contributing Writer

Boys basketball took on Falmouth Academy on Friday night [February 12] and will be heading into the vacation week with a good team win. This win moves them up to a 7-2 record on the season.  The boys put on a complete performance tonight on both ends of the floor, as they failed to trail at any point in the game.

Offensively tonight, the boys had no problems sharing the ball as they had 10 different players put points on the board. Early in the game, Aidan Melton got a handful of buckets to put the sharks up. Throughout the game, Melton found himself scoring with an array of post moves as well as his smooth jumper. He led the Sharks scoring with 28. Junior Chandler Cheron found rhythm tonight as he got himself into open space and added 8 to the Sharks scoring. Great passing and facilitating in all 4 quarters from Bradley Alexis, Michael Rocco, and Dan Gould.

On the defensive end, fantastic hustle was shown tonight from sophomore Harrison Aristhomene. Not giving up on any play, he found himself scrambling on the floor for any loose ball and just about every time he gained possession for the Sharks. He is definitely a player you want on your team as he was giving his all every minute he was on the floor. Under the rim belonged to Aidan Melton and Sean Deveau tonight as both found themselves bringing in rebounds and tallying up blocks. On the perimeter, you can definitely rely on Miles Boyle and Tommy Pandiscio. Both boys were locking down making sure no three pointers were shot. 

In the end, it was a comfortable win for the Sharks. It is easy to tell the boys are having fun out there, and the chemistry is visible. The boys play at home on Tuesday as they look to continue these winning ways.